Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Back


Once E gets home, we’re going to go for a run together this beautiful, not-dark-til-after-6-pm afternoon. I haven’t run in a while (this weather is depressing and demotivating. Also, I am lazy.), but I finally went ahead and registered for my first ever 5K, which I’ll be running on April 3rd, so it’s time for me to get back in gear so I don’t embarrass myself on the course. This will also be the first time I’ve ever run with E. I am nervous. I am a sloooow runner, and I haven’t been in a while, and I think I have a mild undiagnosed case of asthma based on how much I wheeze while I run. Seriously, I have to really focus on my breathing in order to avoid a coughing fit.
Squiiiiish
Anyway, hopefully all goes well and neither of us wants to kill the other when we get home. On a final note, the best part about this 5K is that the course is on the former World’s Fair grounds out here in Queens, so I’ll be running in the shadow of the Unisphere, which I am squishing in the photo above. I kind of love the World’s Fair grounds, so this might be a major motivation for running this race.

No comments:

Post a Comment