Wednesday, March 17, 2010

One of those [Wednes]days...

Reasons Why Today is Lame:
  • It was pretty near impossible for me to get out of bed this morning. The cat was cuddling, E was dead asleep, and the sun wasn't so bright in the sky as it was last week because of DST. 
  •  It's St. Patrick's Day! But instead of witnessing NYC's parade and the city's descent into debauchery, I am at my internship like a good little drone. I don't even neeeed these hours, psh.
  • IT IS SO NICE OUT BUT I AM INSIDE. 65 TODAY. SUNNY. BEAUTIFUL. SPRIIIING!
  • My tights are too big, so I have puddling at my ankles. Now I know what all those super-skinny girls were complaining about in middle school.
  • My cotton dress, which I attempted to make appropriate for very early Spring by rocking tights and a cardigan with it, keeps sticking to my too-big-tights and riding up while I walk.
  • ...which is to suggest that I can walk without pain. Which would be a lie. Ow ow ow ow ow Jillian Michaels, I blame YOU (and myself for having such weak thighs).
However, today is also busy -- I have a full slate at my internship (responsibility, yay!) and I'm in discussions with various potential wedding caterers via email to distract me whenever I feel like I'm being too productive. AND this evening, E and I are going to go get corned beef and cabbage to honor our non-Irishness! Mmmm, cabbage.

Happy St. Patrick's Day! I'm diggin this lady:

1 comment: