Saturday, March 13, 2010

Not Belgian Waffles (which were premiered at the World's Fair!)


I made breakfast this morning. I'm actually not a big fan of breakfast. I know, I know, that's a sacrilege. But it's true. Give me soup or a sandwich or a stew any day. I even prefer eating lunch/dinner foods for breakfast most of the time if I can. I know my way around the kitchen for any meal, but somehow I'm best at breakfast. I've recently started making what have been called "diner quality" homefries, and the combination of avocado, eggs and tomatoes is amazing -- usually I prefer the eggs over easy, all on toast, but we're lacking bread today.

Otherwise it's been a lazy day. Slept late (and probably will again tomorrow since we're losing an hour by setting the clocks ahead), avoided the torrential rain, watched Moon (so, so, SO good!), and ate gyros, and now I'm watching an awesome documentary on the 1964-65 World's Fair. The World's Fair is a recurring theme in my life, apparently.

No comments:

Post a Comment