Friday, February 19, 2010

Housekeeping (new hosting & wedding venue)

The other night I decided to buy a domain/hosting and go big with my blog, especially since I currently also have a wedding blog in the works. I made a selection, purchased it, set it up, installed Wordpress, and now I have hit a wall. The truth is, I kind of don't feeeel like redoing a layout (or relearning CSS, since it's been a long time since I've worked with it), transferring all my existing content over, and getting used to a new interface. Okay, so the setup is what's really holding me back, whatever.

In short, I may or may not have a new URL for you guys in the next week or so, but I'll keep you posted. Good thing I decided to only get the 3-month hosting package for now.

In other news, E and I just sealed the envelope to mail out our wedding venue contract and deposit! It's official, there's no backing out now!


(via)

...Only with snow. That's right kids, a January wedding in New England! So maybe we're crazy, but whatever. The inside of that 1896 mansion is full of Victorian charm, and will be perfect for the cozy vibe we're attempting. And, in a true piece of nerdery, it is a replica of the Connecticut building from the 1896 World's Fair (No, really. Bottom right.). E and I are both pretty excited, and hopefully over the next few months the other big-ticket items (caterer, muzak, etc.) will fall into place and then we can get to the part I'm most looking forward to, PAPER GOODS! I am seriously having dreams of invitations and save-the-dates and day-of paper tidbits. And the wedding website... if I ever get around to it.

1 comment: